Courageous Leaders Privacy Notice
This policy is intended to ensure that personal information is dealt with correctly and securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other related legislation. It will apply to information regardless of the way it is collected, used, recorded, stored and destroyed, and irrespective of whether it is held in paper files or electronically.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information or data is defined as data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data, or other information held.
Data Protection Principles
The Data Protection Act 1998 establishes eight enforceable principles that must be adhered to at all times:
1. Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully;
2. Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes;
3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive;
4. Personal data shall be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date;
5. Personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes;
6. Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act 1998;
7. Personal data shall be kept secure i.e. protected by an appropriate degree of security;
8. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of data protection.
Why we collect and use information
We collect, process and hold personal information (such as name, address, place of employment, etc) and from time to time we may distribute information relating to Courageous Leaders activities and opportunities.
The personal data we hold will not be distributed to any third party without your consent.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, contact Rachel Partridge. If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
Jane Robinson – email@example.com